installing speakup on ubuntu

Kitty Litter n8kl at insightbb.com
Tue Nov 25 08:40:13 EST 2008

You don't need sighted help compiling a new kernel. It can all be done using
gnome terminal. You can get the latest kernel source from kernel.org. There
might already be a ubuntu package with speakup in the kernel for all I know.
If Orca is working correctly I'm not sure what the big advantage of using
speakup is anyway, but it is nice to have around. So if you really must
build that kernel, the best way is to have someone talk you through it.
Kinda makes me tired just thinking about it. Too early for a nap though!