more stuff about installing from memory stick

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Nov 17 17:50:21 EST 2008

Terry D. Cudney, le Mon 17 Nov 2008 15:32:38 -0500, a écrit :
> 	Am I correct in deducing that the HD-media instyaller is only going to look for the .iso on the HD partitions?

Yes, but memory sticks do appear as HDs.  If yours doesn't then it's a
bug.  The problem you had with grub is that the BIOS puts your USB stick
as first disk and your actual disk as second disk, and thus when you
don't plug it things change.  To fix it you need to re-run grub-install
to fix the MBR of your disk (update-grub would only update menu.lst with
the list of kernels that appear in /boot).

Samuel