getting mail working correctly

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Mon Nov 17 01:47:08 EST 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Tyler Littlefield wrote:

> I'm trying to get it so that my mail will forward to my personal email
> address, rather than staying on the system.

Can you explain that a little better?

For example: what "system" is it staying on, and where is your personal
email address?  Do you mean your mail account or user account on your
local linux system, or an ISP account, or something else?
By forward, I assume that you do not want the mail to appear on one of
your local systems, as the general understanding of forwarding mail, is to
send it "away" from where it currently goes, to some foreign location.

Please recast or clarify your question.  If unsure how, perhaps by
explaining in detail what currently happens to your mail, and how you
would like that to change, will get us on the right track.

Regards,

Luke