more stuff about installing from memory stick

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sat Nov 15 17:44:58 EST 2008

Kitty Litter, le Sat 15 Nov 2008 17:33:27 -0500, a écrit :
> I talked to Kirk about this the other day and among other things he insists
> that if I copied the .iso image to the stick with dd if=blah of=blah it
> would boot.

Most computers don't like that.

> I really don't feel qualified to file a good bug report on this.

There's not much to do to make it "good": just describe precisely what
you have tried. At worse they will tell you what was wrong or ask for
more details.

Really.  Please report bugs.  Even "bad" bug reports are useful, as long
as you answer the questions that people ask.  In any case, there is no
more point in raising the issue on this mailing list than raising it in
a bug report: it's all just mails anyway...  The difference is that with
a bug report you will get the attention of the most qualified people.

Samuel