Introducint myself to list members.

Ahmed Khater aakhater at gawab.com
Sat Nov 15 13:08:45 EST 2008

Hello listers,

My name is Ahmed Khater.  I am an Egyptian blind scholar and a university of English language, linguistics and translation.  I am
claimed to be a fairly good computer user of Windows / jaws and many other windows-based applications.

However, After I registered for my ph.d in computational linguistics with specific reference to Arabic, I discovered that I need
to learn and use Linux as many computational linguists use this platform to create, modify and control language databases of
words, morphemes, phonemes and much more.  So, I decided to enter this new world and learn Linux.

My first question, where can I download the full package of Linux.  I know that this is a difficult question to answer, since
Linux is created to satisfy a multitude of needs and to work on a multiplicity of computer machines with various purposes in mind.
But, I need it on my intel-based machine in order to work with language databases.  So, I need to download a standard Linux
package.

Thank you for any suggestion to me on the place where I could download this package and I am sorry to bother you with further
questions in my following e-mails while I am learning this new OS.

Best Regards

Ahmed Khater
aakhater at gmail.com
It's always hope that gives meaning to life