backup apparently not working

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Fri Nov 7 17:52:04 EST 2008

Hello,
First. I've partially figured out the problem.
It's throwing a fit about removing leading slash.
second, I've got the following line in a script:
tar -czvf ~/backups/valiant/`date '+%m-%d-%Y_%H'`.tar.gz ~/valiant/moo/db.db
when I ran that from the command line, it worked. when I tried to run it
from a script, it "cowardly refused to create an empty archive," and then
decided to try to run every file in my directory, it looks like.
Ideas?

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005