First build

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 4 11:41:17 EST 2008

I believe I asked exactly the same question about a year ago on this list.
Turns out I was just being timid. Yeah, you have to press down on that lever
pretty hard.  But I did get an experienced,  sighted person to make sure
everything was correct before I did it.  I just wasn't brave enough to try
it on my own. I didn't want to have to explain to my wife that I was going
to have to spend another 100 bucks on a mobo or cpu.

And like you, it took me a while to figure out that the heat sync was
pre-glued.  I touched it before I figured it out. That's kind of bad but
what can you do? The machine is still working a year later and I do not
think I've turned it off that whole time. So if you touched that sticky part
on the heat sync, I wouldn't worry about it.