cron and annoyances

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Sat Nov 1 22:33:58 EDT 2008

Find out what cron jobs are generating the mail then figure out why.
Solve the problems and the mail will stop.
Otherwise edit the scripts that are running every 15 minutes and either
unset
MAILTO
at the top of the script
or redirect the output of the command that generates output to /dev/null
with
>/dev/null 2>&1

be warned, if you blackhole the output of a command that has an error
condition and you haven't solved the underlying problem you may get yourself
into trouble.
Regards, Kerry.