Speakup not talking on grml 1.1 softsynth

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed May 28 12:23:50 EDT 2008

John covici wrote:
> Are you going to use the git version of speakup and if so, I need to
> know when I need to change from using the /proc to the /sys parameter
> structure?

Hi,

For those who don't want to upgrade grml or who are running Debian
unstable, I have built the 2.6.24 kernel package with Speakup from git
which uses the /sys/module structure.  I have installed and tested it on
grml 1.1rc1 and it works better than the included grml kernel.  If you
want it, the url is below:

http://baechler.net.nyud.net/debian/

http://baechler.net/debian/ if the above doesn't work

Comments are appreciated as I'm trying to determine if I should continue
building kernel packages or not.