Upgrading from FC8 to FC9

Scott Ford scotte.ford at gmail.com
Mon May 26 15:53:30 EDT 2008

Hello list,
	I have been attempting to upgrade my dell latitude today.  I have
downloaded and burned the new FC9 DvD and it is appearing to boot properly,
I had my wife describe the initial boot to me.  I am following the
instructions in the howto "down arrow once, tab, space, and type
speakup_synth=acntsa, then enter.  My accent is on com1 in the windows
world.  I have even attempted to designate the serial port to no avail.   I
should get speech, correct?  I also tested the synth with my working version
of fc8 before starting.  Can someone enlighten me as to what I am doing
wrong?
	On another point.  I can do an upgrade, updateing grub on the
install without breaking the grub, correct?  The install should over write
the exsisting grub on the first sector, is this correct?  Thanks in advanced
for any help.  Later
Scott

Checked by AVG.
6:49 PM