Speakup not talking on grml 1.1 softsynth

Ernst-Dieter Wedekind edwedekind at t-online.de
Mon May 26 15:17:19 EDT 2008

Hi listers,
I recently installed grml 1.1 on my harddisk but I couldn't get speakup to
talk through softsynth. When I used the cdrom it talked through my Apollo
Hardsynth as well as through my softsynth. I went through all the
configuration files of speech-dispatcher, flite and espeak but I can't seem
to find any difference between the Cdrom and the installation. Anyone any
idea as to the reason? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ernst