fedora speakup boot freeze

Tom Fowle fowle at ski.org
Thu May 1 14:13:21 EDT 2008

My freeze is on kernel boot, I believe for some reason it can't
find the doubletalk, but that's a guess based on how long it runs the hd
before it stops and that same time seems to pass when it does work.
If it says:"doubletalk pc found" it's gonna fly.

There was something in the asis manual about some unusual address
needs in the bios, but I assume these are base ram addresses not i/o
addresses as per the synthesizer.  I have tried changing the synth's address
jumpper to a couple different locations with no apparrent differences.

I suspect it's a kernel problem and I'll have to go to9 when
it arrives.

Tom Fowle