speakup on gentoo (was Patching the Gentoo 2.6.24 kernel)

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 14:11:20 EDT 2008

I got the newest 2.6.24 kernel from kernel.org, unpacked it, did cd
/usr/src/linux-2.6.24.3/drivers/arch and git clone
http://linux-speakup.org/speakup.git and it downloaded it.  I then did
./install /usr/src/linux-2.6.24.3 and that worked.  When I did make
menuconfig, however, it errored out and said it couldn't find kconfig in
/usr/src/linux-2.6.24/drivers/arch/speakup or something like that.  This
also happened with 2.6.24.