slackware 12.0

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Mar 21 17:48:04 EDT 2008

What may work for that version for speakup install is to install only
packages that come off of disc1 then use dd -if /kernel/speakup.s -of
/boot/vmlinuz.  The setup script doesn't ask which kernel to install and
probably forcibly installs the boot kernel if any even though speakup.s is
used to do the install.  I tried a full installation and never got disc2
out to replace it with disc1 so tried this alternate approach this
afternoon.  I'll try it again and do the last dd -if step and see if I can
get me something that works.  Real hairy this time.