Speech-dispatcher bind problem

Georgina gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 12:29:41 EDT 2008

But it's not complaining about the port but the address which surely is
127.0.0.1.  I've been advised to check this out.

Just for completeness, I'm replying to my own message so that if in the
future someone has the same problem.  They'll find at least the cause if not
the solution.

Well, I stopped speech-dispatcher, then asked for the lo interface to be
brought up and that fixed it.  Somehow, I've broken my debian box from

# /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher stop
# ifconfig lo up
# /etc/init.d/speech-dispatcher start

Many thanks to all.