linux on a windows box

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 3 15:18:11 EST 2008

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008, alex wallis wrote:

> Hi. I would be interested in having that documentation, How exactly though
> would I put together a virtual machine, that was patched in order to speak?

Well there is an ubuntu one with orca included. Perhaps just use that? And
then you can use orca to install speakup?

But not sure how kernels are handled in vm images.

> There is a virtual machine that has been put together by the guys at
> rockbox.org, but it is a very basic package, and does not come with a screen
> reader, so I think i'd need to create my own virtual machine for vmware.

It certainly doesn't come with a screenreader, but I am not sure that I
would call it basic.

If you realy wanted you could just ssh into that vm. Or you could just
install my debian speakup kernel to it since its debian-based.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d.dalton at iinet.net.au