linux on a windows box

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Mar 3 04:52:19 EST 2008

Going back to my previous message, why do you need access to Windows at
the same time? If it was me, I would either set up a multiboot since XP
includes a boot manager anyway or use a live CD. I'm surprised that you
find Cygwin slow on XP. It's not lightning fast for me but on XP it's
not too bad. Do you have a more powerful desktop that you could use for
Cygwin? I know it seems obvious but have you upgraded to the latest
Cygwin version? What about MinGW? http://www.mingw.org/