Is there Documentation available for installing Speakup for Ubuntu

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 3 03:06:21 EST 2008

Hi Charlie,

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008, Charlie Dorff wrote:

> I am using Ubuntu and wanted to try using Speakup. Could someone tell me if there is Documentation available for how to install Speakup for Ubuntu and where to find the documentation. Thanks.

Sorry I have been meaning to email you about this.
I remember you were talking to me off list about this.
I ended up building a debian lenny kernel; you could try that, but it may
screw something up.

The best option is to probably build your own. I am happy to help you with
this.
If you want email me off list and I'll help you out. Hopefully we can get
on im at some stage and I can help you. It really needs im its to
complicated for email.

Also do you know that speakup is for a full screen console not gnome? So
just for the command line no graphical stuff like orca.
I use it all the time since I don't really like a gui much.
Also speakup won't work with gnome-terminal.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
d.dalton at iinet.net.au