linux on a windows box

alex wallis alexwallis646 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 2 16:13:53 EST 2008

Hi list.
I'm very new to linux, in fact i'm really only used to windows.
However I have a question I was hoping someone might be able to help me
with.
At the moment i'm using a laptop with 512 mb of ram, and a 1.80 ghz
processor, running windows xp home.
I'm wanting to get set up with a linux OS, but I don't really want to go
down the route of jewel boot, and I don't have enough resources to run linux
under vmware.
As I understand it it is very tricky to get a screen reader working in a
vmware environment anyway.
The option i'd like to use I found out about recently is something called
colinux
available from
www.colinux.org
I was wondering has anyone had experience with using this, and getting linux
setup using it and obviously running a screen reader?
I tried asking on the colinux mailing list but Nobody seemed to no anything
so thought i'd come to you guys.
Thanks for your help.
Alex.