Live CDs was Re: linux on a windows box

Kelly Sapergia ksapergia at sasktel.net
Sun Mar 2 19:24:09 EST 2008

>Hi,
    I don't know what GRML is like (I've got the live CD but haven't
burned it yet), but at least with Ubuntu's CD, I couldn't really do
much after loading it. I was able to try navigating it's equivalent
to the Start Menu, but couldn't seem to activate anything like the
OpenOffice word processor. I'm assuming you'd have to install Ubuntu
fully onto the hard drive for the applications to work correctly.
Other than that, the live CD's a good way to get up and running and
try the system out.
    Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Need to relax and unwind? Listen to "Northern Lights", Thursdays from
01:00 to 03:00 GMT (Wednesdays in North America) on ACB (American
Council of the Blind) Radio Interactive at http://interactive.acbradio.org
Visit the show's website at http://nl.ksapergia.net
If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an
affordable price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com