Keyboards - oh, the clickyness (was:Re: Anyone know what is happening in Debian Lenny?)

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Thu Jun 19 13:38:23 EDT 2008

Speaking of keyboards, here are three amusing and good articles from Dan's
Data, about a sighted guy and his pursuit of maximum clickyness.
Be warned: if you don't regularly read Dan's Data (or even if you do), you
may find hours have gone by once you come up for air.

http://www.dansdata.com/ibmkeyboard.htm
http://www.dansdata.com/clickykeyboards.htm
http://www.dansdata.com/clicky2.htm

Luke

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008, Farhan wrote:

> hello, out of curiosity have you checked out the apple keyboards? I just got one and I love the key action on it, its the best $50 you'll ever spend.
> On 6/17/2008 at 21:21 Gaijin said
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 02:09:20PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> > consoles is controlled in /etc/inittab, I would start by looking there
>
> 	That was the first thing I checked when I got a text console
> working.  It was my stewpid keyboard at fault, with it's function key
> toggle.  Not entirely sure what it does, beyond turning the keys on and
> off, but that was the culprit preventing me from using the function
> keys..  Sure wish they still made the Omnikey line of keyboards.  I
> really loved that puppy...
>
> 			Michael

"Fiat money and sustainable society are not compatible." - Peter Cajander