Anyone know what is happening in Debian Lenny?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Jun 17 17:04:46 EDT 2008

	Just did a tasksel install of the X11 desktop environment in
Debian Lenny, and everything was working fine until I rebooted.  I was
left with the usually silent gdm screen, so had no idea what was happening,
and now I have  access to only one text console now.  Those F-wits at
Debian have really F'ed up my computer.  Any Debian gurus out there know
how to make Debian respawn the normal number of text consoles, so I
don't have to do a full reinstall from Etch, a'la the Mickeysoft method?
I can't even consult a man page at the same time I'm working on
something any more.

			Michael