IBMTTS on slackware

Nick Stockton nstockton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 20:46:46 EDT 2008

*nods* I remember trying that but it didn't seem to work.
it was making the sound start out speaking a few words very fast then it
would freez and not speak at all.
I kind of wonder if it was because I have my USB sound card set to output
44,100HZ in /etc/asound.comf and viavoice would be using 22,000HZ.
When ever I get a faster computer I'll probbely try running gnome-speech
again but at the momentgnome speech is not very responcive on my computer
and speech-dispatcher is quite a bit more responcive.
I kind of wonder what is causing it to spell some words but not others
though... Very strange.