Access to PDF and CHM files from within Shell

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Tue Jun 3 09:58:48 EDT 2008

You can unzip a chm and you get a pile of html files; which should read with
lynx or your browser of choice.
I uncompress them with 7-zip under windows; not sure if p7zip under Linux
will do the job; it might.
I have also not tried unzip on .chm files but they are a zip archive; or a
variant of same.

You usually have to convert a pdf to text or similar; loosing formatting
information in the process; that has been my experience.
Regards, Kerry.