reconfiguring xserver-xorg (xorg.conf)

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Wed Jul 30 19:24:15 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 06:41:55PM -0400, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> Here's what that gives:
> Package `desktop' is not installed and no info is available.

	Alright.  After a 'dpkg -l | grep "desktop"', I get a new
package mentioned...desktop-base.  You can try:

# dpkg-reconfigure desktop-base

...and see if you get the real configuration screen to come back up.
debconf controls so much in debian, it's hard to  tweak most things
without breaking something, or having your configs over-written these
days..  I'm thinking of going to LFS and stripping everything back down
to bedrock linux.

			Michael