question on speakup-source debian package

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jul 28 20:08:08 EDT 2008

Hello,

Gregory Nowak, le Fri 25 Jul 2008 15:36:21 -0700, a écrit :
> is it in fact possible for me to build speakup from the speakup-source
> package for the 2.6.26 kernel, while still running 2.6.25.12, and thus
> avoid steps 2-3?

I guess some documentation is missing in the module-assistant package.
Yes you can do that by using the -l option.  The latest debian speakup
upload actually precisely fixed an issue when using it :)

In clear, compile/install your new 2.6.26-whatever kernel, and then you
should be able to run

m-a a-i -l 2.6.26-whatever speakup

Samuel