question on speakup-source debian package

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sat Jul 26 14:27:58 EDT 2008

OK, I should put in a word here -- in the latest speakup and I am not
sure about how Debian implements this, the kernel is not actually
patched unless you want to be able to use menuconfig to control what
is built in or not -- it just compiles the modules and you load the
ones you want.  Kernel source is no longer touched at all.

Hope this helps.

on Saturday 07/26/2008 Gaijin(gaijin at clearwire.net) wrote