CentOS

Tom Moore tom at tomstroubleshooting.com
Wed Jul 23 11:26:27 EDT 2008

As far as I know this hasn't been done yet.
I was planning on starting some work on this, but never got the process off
the ground.
One thing I am unsure of is exactly which kernel should I make my patch off
of. 2.6.18, 2.6.18.4, this I am unclear about.
I found some instructions on how to add the needed lines to the spec file to
add Speakup in, but didn't try out a test build.
This guide tells how to modify the kernel on Centos.
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel
Hope this might be enough to get you started.

This in itself though isn't all that is needed. This would just add Speakup
in to the kernel so that after the system was installed I could get it
talking.
This probably doesn't fix keymap issues with in the installer itself though.
For doing the install I use a kickstart file to answer the questions I want,
but I had to come up with this one by trial and error so this took some
time.
Also one bad thing I can think of is that Centos doesn't have a telnet
install option. From what I remember they do their remote installs via vnc
and this won't work for us.

Tom