Removable disc connection problem

Georgina Joyce gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Sun Jul 20 17:10:53 EDT 2008

> First, you probably shouldn't include your serial number on public
> mailing lists.  Have you tried using a card reader instead?  The Stream
> should work in Linux but Humanware has said many times that using a card
> reader is the recommended, and much faster, way to copy books to the SD
> card.  Also, although this seems obvious, make sure you do a full card
> format as FAT32.  I've read various reviews that said that cards had to
> be reformatted several times before they worked correctly.

Many thanks for your thoughts.  I'm not sure if my serial number is of
any use to anyone.  It's not used like a screen reader token.  I thought
that it was for the hardware.  But I'll bare it in mind for the future.

Anyway I constructed the message as I did for a reason.  That was for
USB sticks cards in readers still have the same problem.  It's my
configuration and nothing to do with the stream or it's cards.  I just
copied the output from the stream.  I've no problem with the stream and
that card under Windows.  For the three cards I've tried, the stream has
formatted them quite adequately in one stroke, it would be interesting
to hear what brand of cards such difficulties occur.

Thanks.