Shane's kernels

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 16 04:02:17 EDT 2008

Hello,

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:49:09PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Daniel Dalton, le Wed 16 Jul 2008 08:15:11 +1000, a écrit :
> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:50:57AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >
> > > I'm desperate to hear people talking on the debian-accessibility lists.
> >
> > I mentioned speechd-up inclution in debian there... and got no
> > replies...
>
> ?! I did reply.

It didn't come through, sorry, would you mind re-sending your message?

> > So I guess that means my idea was rejected...
>
> Nope.  As I said, it's mostly a lack of time.  Mario asked several time
> for help maintaining the plethora of packages that he maintains, and got
> no answer, _that_ is the problem.

I would be happy to help, where is a howto on creating deb packages the
debian way that will be accepted?

> > But that is such a small package isn't it?
>
> Small doesn't mean simple.  Here, the maintainer will have to set the
> build deps and runtime deps, make sure it is by default correctly
> configured to discuss with speakup and speechd-dispatcher, etc.

Ah, ok.

> > I don't really see the point if no one replies.
>
> Again, I have replied: lack of people getting involved in actually doing

I didn't get it,  please re-send if you can.

> things.

I am happy to help out, not much programming experience, but happy to
learn, and hoping to start a bit of programming...
But yeah, im happy to help u guys out.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/