Best distro

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Jul 13 22:26:21 EDT 2008

Foreign White Devil, le Sun 13 Jul 2008 18:05:40 -0700, a écrit :
> Debian still doesn't support SpeakUP, and for the foreseeable
> next three years, probably still won't,

?!?!

Please have a look at http://packages.qa.debian.org/speakup
It is already in testing, and is being integrated in the debian
Installer.

> Debian (not Ubuntu) takes forever to add support for newer software.

Please define "forever".

It's all about the difference between "bleeding edge" and "stable". I'm
quite happy that Debian people are quite careful about new software
which might not be so stable.  That doesn't mean that they don't
integrate it once it really is stable.  Lenny (scheduled for september)
_will_ have iceweasel 3 for instance.

Samuel