getting started with speakup out of git

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Wed Jul 9 02:38:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 02:41:01AM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> Daniel Dalton, le Tue 08 Jul 2008 21:58:14 +1000, a écrit :
> > - Using speechd-up (soft synth) I get crashes every 5 minutes or so.
>
> Is that a whole box crash or just a speechd-up crash?

Just a speechd-up crash. Speakup is fine and brltty continues to  work.
WilliamH on irc said he could reproduce the second bug, but not this
one...
So, perhaps I have a bad lib or something?

> > - When speakup is talking away numpad enter doesn't shut it up. I must
> > do insert numpad enter and then turn it back on.
>
> Mmm, my guess would be that speechd-up doesn't listen to our 0x18, was

WilliamH said he could reproduce this one.

> it working before?

Well, I haven't used speakup in a long time, but it worked on my 23
kernel, I must try again though to be sure my speechd-up isn't buggy.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/