getting started with speakup out of git

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Tue Jul 8 08:17:41 EDT 2008

Not sure I'll answer all of your questions, but I would say to start the
synth in the kernel you should echo the correct name to
/sys/speakup/modules/parameters/synth_name or whatever the correct new
path is.
There are many ways of starting modules automaticly on startup.
Distributions usually have a /etc/modules.conf or modprobe.conf file where
it can be done.
What I use specificly for speech is the rc.local file.  Just put your
modprobe in their.