getting started with speakup out of git

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Tue Jul 8 07:58:14 EDT 2008

Hi,

I applied speakup to a kernel out of debian sid (2.6.25-6) I believe it
was.

First, uname -a only says 2.6.25 it doesn't mention -6. But here are my
speakup problems:

- Using speechd-up (soft synth) I get crashes every 5 minutes or so.
- When speakup is talking away numpad enter doesn't shut it up. I must
do insert numpad enter and then turn it back on.
- Sometimes speakup won't respond, eg. in mutt and I must kill
speechd-up to shut it up and then restart speechd-up to get speakup
going again.
Anyone know how I can fix these?

The next thing I was wondering: How do I load synths that are built in
the kernel? eg. not modules?
And just out of curiosity, how would one start a synth built as a module
automatically?
So at boot up say just before the log in screen?

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/