speech-dispatcher crashing with nothing in log

Rynhardt P Kruger rkruger at gawab.com
Mon Jan 21 15:10:28 EST 2008

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your tips. The reason why I don't use the native espeak module, is because I've found that the espeak module
will block /dev/dsp even though I have set it to use the alsa driver. I also like to custemise the generic espeak module
so that the afrikaans (my native language) is on voice 1, and en-r on voice 0. I have not found a way to do it with the
native espeak module. One can change the lang parameter, but sadly there is not a lang file in the /proc/speakup
directory like there is with the apollo.

I have also disabled all the other modules in speechd.conf, festival and flite would block the oss devices as well.
I have now rased the log level to 5, but strangely it didn't crash after that! Hope it stay that way.

Take care,

Rynhardt

* Michael Whapples <mwhapples at aim.com> [080120 20:20]:

I use grml linux (http://grml.org/)