speech-dispatcher crashing with nothing in log

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 21 01:55:41 EST 2008

On Sat, 19 Jan 2008, Rynhardt P Kruger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strange problem on my grml 1.1 rc1 box.
> Often speech-dispatcher will crash, with nothing in the log and no message on the console. It just did it again while I
> was typing the previous sentence. When that happen, I have to killall speechd-up and than start speech-dispatcher and
> speechd-up again.

Ok. I sometimes get this problem.
(It happens a bit but not as much as what you said)
I just wrote myself a script I run (its in my path)
and I get speech back.
I guess I could try the espeak driver but haven't had time.

My simple script is at:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/projects/restart-speech-0.3.tgz

You probably already thought of this...

--