does anything upset speakup?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sat Jan 5 00:41:52 EST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 09:18:09PM -0000, Michael Whapples wrote:
> Those cases I have described are rare, and probably can be seen coming, eg.
> kernel stuff, or stuff which tries to access the same hardware as speakup
> (eg. if you get emacspeak to try and access the same synth can confuse
> things, etc). the things which may mess up your terminal sometimes are
> things which use libraries such as ncurses which may change terminal
> settings and if killed unexpectedly may not restore the correct settings

	Really?  To the point that switching to another console wouldn't
	work even?  I'd think a simple Ctrl+D from within the offending
	console would take care of the problem after a crashed program,
	as you'd likely be back in the shell, unless it's effing with a
	newly booted program.  Maybe I just got used to the  reset swith
	on the old Commodore-64.

				Michael