More about DOS systems

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Fri Feb 29 14:25:37 EST 2008

I'm not sure how you'd get it to work with espeak under dos, as I
don't think espeak supports anything other then outputting wav files
under dos...you would have to modify it to use whatever facilities are
provided for accessing a soundcard under dos.
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at
02:08:08PM -0300, Cleverson wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've read the recent posts about accessibility on MS-DOS and FreeDOS
> systems.
>
> I don't know how Provox compares to other DOS screen reader, but as far
> as I know, it's the only open source one. Hence, I would also enjoy it
> being able to speak through the ESpeak soft synth, especially because
> it's the only synth capable of speaking Brazilian Portuguese that has a
> DOS version.
>
> Besides it, in addition to FreeDOS, there is another DOS that's free
> for non commercial use. It is Enhanced DR-DOS (EDR-DOS). According to
> its author, its kernel supports pre-emptive multitasking. See:
> http://www.drdosprojects.de/
>
> and:
> http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php
>
> Cheers,
> Cleverson
>

>       Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail, o ?nico sem limite de espa?o para armazenamento!
> http://br.mail.yahoo.com/

Absolutely nothing should be concluded from these figures except that
no conclusion can be drawn from them.
	-- Joseph L. Brothers, Linux/PowerPC Project)