Bugs in DEC-Talk Express driver

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Mon Feb 25 21:55:45 EST 2008

As of this evening the Dectalk Express driver in speakup appears to be
working.  That is it seems to find the synth at start-up okay.  I have
removed the [:pe -389] command to shorten the period pause so if
you're not happy all gang up on Tony! 'grin'

As for the numbers in the midst of words problem don't hold your
breath.  I don't have an Express and without one to beat on myself
there's probably no chance of fixing that one.  Part of the problem is
the stupid synth doesn't handle mixed words well itself.
   Kirk

p.s. This is speakup in git with linux v-2.6.24+ that the driver is fixed for.

phone: (519) 661-3061