Some Questions about Ubuntu and Orca

Kelly Sapergia ksapergia at sasktel.net
Sun Feb 24 18:15:41 EST 2008

Hi,
    My laptop is now set up to boot from CDs, so I can now try the
live CD version of Ubuntu. I have a couple questions about the system:

1. Can you use any other soft synths with Orca? I know it comes with
eSpeak, but I'm not too impressed with the voice. If not, that's OK,
I'm sure I'll get used to it.

2. As far as applications go, are there any good audio editors or
players, and games (such as text adventure interpreters) that can be
used with Ubuntu and Orca?
    Thanks.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia
Personal Website: http://www.ksapergia.net
Need to relax and unwind? Listen to "Northern Lights", Thursdays from
01:00 to 03:00 GMT (Wednesdays in North America) on ACB (American
Council of the Blind) Radio Interactive at http://interactive.acbradio.org
Visit the show's website at http://nl.ksapergia.net
If you need jingles, voiceovers and music for your project at an
affordable price, visit KJS Productions at: http://www.kjsproductions.com