Automating Bookshare

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Feb 22 23:11:15 EST 2008

Yeah, it is the login sequence that isn't working for me.  My last
attempt to login with a script used two itterations of wget and I
specified the wget command with the post variables for email and
password but I didn't get any real meaningful feedback to tell me if
the login was successful or not.  the second pass worked in the sense
that it requested the desired file but then I got back the error page
telling me that I was never logged in.

My ultimate goal was to have a script pull my daily newspaper from
bookshare and dump the thing onto an SD card so I could come up to my
computer in the morning and grab the card and pop it into my Victor
Reader Stream and groove on the day's news.:)  I heard people doing
that with the Icon small computer so figured there could be a way for
us to do it with shell script or something similar and yield the same
results.  In any case, it would be a fun project if I could get it to
work.