Automating Bookshare

Georgina gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 05:09:09 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:53:59PM -0600, Brent Harding wrote:
> That's one of those things I hate about Microsoft as well. I have a
> program
> that records TV for me off a tuner card, and I'd like to run something as
> the command after the recording finishes that would convert the mpeg-2
video
> into .wav or some other audio. I don't think I could find a script for
> Windows, much less Linux, that would convert all the .mpg's in one folder
> .wav's in another and then delete the original video files.
:End-Quote:
Doesn't tools like this meet your needs?

DVD Audio Ripper v4.0
Only for Windows
DVD Audio Ripper is a software DVD movie soundtrack ripper, DVD to MP3
converter to rip DVD audio to MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, OGG, RA, WMA and AU
formats. Using
DVD Audio Ripper, you can extract DVD audio, rip DVD movie soundtrack to mp3
and convert DVD to WAV with complete sound effects.
DVD Audio Ripper - DVD audio extractor and DVD sound track ripper to
extract audio from DVDs, convert DVD to MP3, and rip DVD audio to WAV

But as this is a linux list VLC looks promising.  Just try googling "mpeg2
to wav":

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Converting_AVI_to_MPEG-2_with_AviSynth_and_TMPG
Enc_Xpress#Extracting_WAV_audio

Gena