Gentoo and ttsynth

David Csercsics aarg at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 21 15:19:39 EST 2008

You require the glibc 2.2 package and gcc-2.95.3 as well since ttsynth
needs standard libraries in those packages. If you want to build those
you'll have to dig up all the appropriate patches and fixes for that
to happen. Why people would have us run deprecated software I have no
idea. Ttsynth needs to be updated to be at all useful. My advice to you
is to complain to the appropriate people and get a refund. If you choose
to go looking for the patches and fixes required to build the older
glibc and gcc then good luck. I recommend against it though if you want
to keep your sanity.