Automating Bookshare

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Feb 20 15:48:27 EST 2008

I ended up trying --user=<my user id> --password=<my password>
"http://www.bookshare.org/web/DownloadPeriodical.html?publishtitleid=arizona_republic&date=1203494400&format=1"
But I still only got an HTML file stating that I'm not logged in.  I
think the command line parms for user and password only work with relm
based authentication.  I don't think bookshare is using relm based
authentication, given that they have an actual login panel and a
logout option.  Relm based authentication passes the user-id and
password with every http request.  So I somehow need to walk through
the login sequence with wget and then request the link to the
newspaper I want.  Does this make more sense?