NameServerSetup for registered domain

Daniel C dlchavez at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 16 12:56:09 EST 2008

Goodday folks,
Just writing here to make sure I am doing things right when setting up bind.
I have a zone file, for example, called example.net.zone, with the following
data in it. IP addresses have been changed:

; BIND db file for example.net

$TTL 86400

@ IN SOA ns1.danielcproductions.net. test.gmail.com. (

2008021602

28800

7200

864000

86400 )

NS ns1.example.net

NS ns2.example.net.

MX 10 mail.example.net.

$ORIGIN example.net.

localhost.localdomain IN A 127.0.0.1

example.net IN A 67.35.73.178

blue14 IN A 204.12.919.111

HYPERLINK "http://www.example.net"www.example.net. IN CNAME example.net.

Do I have the syntax right for the above example.net.zone file? Hopefully so
lol. When I ping the ns1 name server, for example, it says: Pinging
ns1.example.net.net instead of: pinging ns1.example.net. Why could that be?

Did I misconfigure something or write it the wrong way?

Thanks.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
7:08 PM