Speech-Dispatcher and SMP question

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Sat Feb 16 11:59:52 EST 2008

How well does Speech-Dispatcher currently work on SMP systems, using the
native ESpeak module v.s a Generic module?
I know an advantage of the native module is that ESpeak won't have to be
called and that "wav" files won't be generated for each key-press.
Just curious how Diispatcher andnative module work on SMP.
I think if anyone uses the generic one, though, that you'll still be bale to
make dispatcher crash.
I was able to do that with the Generic dectalk module.
I was not able to do so with the Flite module however, sinse that was
native.
But FLite is too slow to respond to keyboared stuff for me. ESPeak should be
much better.
Another question: does the native module allow multiple sounds to go through
the soundcard?
Regards, --Keith.