Speakup and 2.6.24

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sun Feb 3 06:50:49 EST 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 09:22:58PM -0500, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> We now have hooks in the actual kernel tree thanks to Samuel Thibault
> but there are still patches necessary and I haven't had time to hunt
> down where our screen review functions have gotten to.  I will discuss
> this in more detail with anyone that wishes on the #speakup channel on
> irc.

	You have an actual channel on IRC?  What's the servername?  Nice
	to hear that SpeakUP may become a threaded process, even if it
	doesn't make it into the actual code on a permanent basis.
	Thanks to you and SpeakUP, , I finally got back onto IRC, which
	wasn't possible in Windows without JAWS.  No telling when
	they're going to ever get around to getting it for me, or even
	if they are, since I can't even get to their braille
	classes and they don't seem to want to help with that either.
	If it weren't for SpeakUP and orca,  I'd still be in virtual
	solitary confinement here.  Even the National Federation for the
	Blind hasn't returned my calls yet. <laughs>  Thank you for all
	the fine work,

				Michael