system with speakup software already installed?

Kitty Litter n8kl at insightbb.com
Sat Dec 20 17:28:14 EST 2008

Kerry,
I followed your instructions and was able to create all the speakup modules
in vibuntu 1.2 which I installed on an unused partition from a memory stick.
My audapter hardware synth worked as expected but softsynth had problems. I
am using gnome speech with espeak and the original pulseaudio from vibuntu
1.2. When it does work, it chops a little of each letter or the first word
on a line. Sometimes I get messages about not able to open /dev/dsp. I don't
know enough about alsa or pulseaudio to fix this. Also the espeakup daemon
in /usr/bin is espeakup without the d like it used to be.
A few days ago I did install the speakup-source package and tried the
module-assistant which never compiled correctly.