system with speakup software already installed?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Dec 19 22:23:50 EST 2008

Then either wait for the release of lenny or upgrade to testing.

Building kernels with kernel-package is not difficult and the kernel package
documents cover the procedure rather well.

Speakup will make it into distributions as out of kernel modules and so on;
so either try viubuntu (not sure if it has speakup) or be patient.
Regards, Kerry.
Regards, Kerry.