couple of kernel build questions

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Dec 13 12:17:12 EST 2008

Hello list,
I'm trying to build a more customized cut-down kernel that I can use for
both my linux systems.
I can arrow through the tree view thingy that the make menuconfig uses, but
have a quick question.
When I am done turning off and on modules in the list, how do I go back?
Speakup seems to have an issue where it reads the exit and help buttons at
the same time when I press tab.
Also, how would I save the config?
Last, I thought about getting speakup and patching it in. I was also told
there is a way to compile it under modules, and was told to use git... Could
anyone elaborate?
Tia,

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005